Drotaverine represents isoquinoline derivative which exerts a spasmolytic effect on smooth by inhibiting the enzyme phosphodiesterase IV (PDE IV). Inhibition of the enzyme phosphodiesterase IV leads to increased cAMP concentration that inactivates myosin light chain kinase (MLCK), which in turn leads to smooth muscle relaxation. Drotaverinum inhibits the enzyme phosphodiesterase in vitro without inhibiting isoenzymes. Apparently,durabolin 25functionally very important to reduce the contractility of the smooth muscle, suggesting that selective inhibitors of PDE IV can be useful in the treatment of hyperkinetic disorders and various diseases associated with spastic conditions of the gastrointestinal tract.
the enzyme hydrolyzes cAMP in smooth muscle cells of the myocardium and blood vessels, is essentially isoenzyme, which explains that drotaverine is efficient antispasmodic agent without serious cardiovascular side action and a strong cardiovascular therapeutic activity.
The drug is effective in spasms of smooth muscles like the nervous and muscular etiology. Regardless of the type vegetetivnoy innervation drotaverine acts on smooth muscle found in the gastro-intestinal, biliary, genitourinary, and cardiovascular systems.
- smooth muscle spasm associated with diseases of the biliary tract: cholecystolithiasis, cholangiolithiasis, cholecystitis, pericholecystitis, cholangitis, papillitis.
- spasms of smooth durabolin 25 muscles of the urinary tract: nephrolithiasis, uretrolitiaz, pyelitis, cystitis, bladder tenesmus.
- During stretching under physiological childbirth shortening phase of cervical dilatation and thereby reducing the total duration of labor.
As an adjuvant therapy (when the tablet mold can not be used):
- spasm of smooth muscles of the gastrointestinal origin: gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, gastritis, spasms of cardia and pylorus, enteritis, colitis
- gynecological diseases: dysmenorrhea, severe labor pains
Hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients of the drug (in particular for sodium metabisulphite)
- Severe hepatic or renal insufficiency
- Severe heart failure (low cardiac output syndrome)
If hypotension drug use requires caution. When administered intravenously Drotaverinum – because of the danger of collapse – the patient has to lie down!
Pregnancy and lactation
Experiments have shown reproductive animals and retrospective study of clinical data, use Drotaverinum during pregnancy does not lead to teratogenic nor embryotoxic action. However, it is recommended to use the drug only after careful weighing of the benefits and risks.
Due to the lack of clinical data is not recommended during lactation.
- Gastrointestinal disorders:
Rare: nausea, constipation
- nervous system disorders:
rare: headache, dizziness, insomnia
- cardiovascular disorders:
very rare: hypotension
- disorders of the immune system:
very rare: allergic reactions, especially in patients who are hypersensitive to the
Data on overdose in respect of the drug is not.
Interaction with other drugs
Care should be taken when durabolin 25 used together shpy with levodopa, as last antiparkinson effect is reduced and there has been increasing tremors and rigidity.
The preparation contains bisulfite, which can cause allergic-type reactions including anaphylactic symptoms and bronchospasm in sensitized individuals, particularly in individuals with asthma or allergic diseases in history. In the case of hypersensitivity to sodium metabisulfite parenteral administration of the drug should be avoided (see. Contraindications).
Effects on ability to drive and use other mechanisms :
After parenteral, especially intravenous administration, it is recommended to refrain from driving and working on looms for 1 hour after drug application.